TERMS & INFO
a bit of history . the first eight years performers just kind of fell into place. when i needed a space it just got felled. this last two years has been completely different. i have way more artist than i know what to do with and because of this i am spending much more time trying to figure which musical artist are best for wildwood. i sometimes don't get back to artist and i apologize for this. we only do two to four shows a month. doing more did not have good results. we have built a great reputation and this i am thankful but i does make it difficult to have to pick and choose from so many great artist. so please bear with me...
1. ‘wildwoodsounds’ is a small intimate room with great performance acoustics that seats (in theater seating) up to 70 people.
2. ‘wildwoodsounds’ is located on highway 160 (the main east / west highway through southern colorado) in the small town of del norte, a great stop between larger towns. map at bottom of page.
3. money, for performance, is a split of the door, which is to be determined upon booking. we are a small mom and pop business . we have been presenting concerts now into our 17th year and lots of positive things are happening. we are building WILDWOOD SOUNDS to be one of the best small venue’s around.
4. wildwood sounds reviews artist’s cd’s before booking. we prefer all music to be original compositions. please send cd for our promotional use. ‘wildwoodsounds’ / 850 grand ave. / del norte, co. / 81132. please send hi-res photo and small blurb about yourself ( a couple paragraphs) for our website and press release, about the band, type of music, some history etc. please, if for example you have a five piece band but only four can make it, let us know. if for example. you are a solo artist and have a guest joining you, please let us know so we can promote the concert honestly.
5. please do not send us posters! if you e-mail us a poster with blank area for date and details, we will charge you $15 for information and printing cost ( we prefer adding that information ourselves). we print a large poster for our marque then 40-50 posters that we put up. if we design and print posters the charge is $25. i own a grafic design and sign business so make tastey posters. you can see some of the posters i have designed if you go to wildwood sounds house concert venue on facebook and open up photos. if you have questions about the posters, give us a call 719-657-4757. this cost can be deducted from your percentage of the door or paid in advance. we display these posters in del norte, monte vista, southfork, creede, alamosa, crestone and saguache, colorado.
6. ‘wildwoodsounds’ sends a press release for each event to several newspapers in our area and often get page coverage, and sometimes not. we try our best to get these events in the newspaper but have no control of the outcome. press release and photo have to be in our hands via e-mail at least three weeks ahead of performance. it works best if you send us a hi-res photo / with brief but beautiful description of your music for our website. press release for the newspaper should be descriptive and not too long. if you have questions, give us a call.
7. wildwoodsounds has a group e-mail list. performance information goes out one week and a half before concert and is then sent out to several other local group e-mails. it also is seen in slv junction, the valley courier (alamosa) and the pueblo newspaper (pueblo, co.). we also now have a facebook page / wildwood sounds house concerts.
8. you may want to contact KRZA (public radio in the san luis valley and taos, new mexico) this radio station is very supportive of concerts at wildwoodsounds and will let you have air time by being in their studio or phone interviews prior to performance, 1-800-290-0887 or 719-589-8844. these folk really help with getting the word out. we also give KRZA the heads up via PSA that you will be performing at wildwood sounds.
9. having your own sound equipment works best for us, but if not, we can usually work something out. we have no mics, cords or stands for your use. give us a call for details.
10. bring plenty of cd’s as sales are usually good. you receive 100% of your sales and are responsible for selling your own CDs. .
11. check in time for our evening show is 4:30 pm. this gives you time for a good sound check, time to get ready and time for some dinner before performance.
we look forward to meeting you and hearing your music.
wildwoodsounds hosts a sweetie / snackie potluck and serves coffee and tea on the house. this is a wonderful place to perform: great acoustics, casual / cozy atmosphere, great listening audiences.
most people who have performed here return. we hope you will too….
konnie and stephen
WILDWOOD SOUNDS MINI MUSIC FESTIVAL VIII 2017 (FUND RAISER)
IN ORDER OF PERFORMANCES
STEVE & TREVOR STORM / SWEET MEDICINE / CHRIS ARELLANO TRIO
MARK DUDROW & KATE MANN / ROBIN JAMES / BETTMAN & HALPIN / BONE ORCHARD
PLEASE JOIN US FOR 8 HOURS OF GREAT MUSIC AT OUR 8TH BENEFIT FESTIVAL.
WITH YOUR SUPPORT WE WILL CONTINUE BRINGING THE BEST ENTERTAINMENT WE CAN TO YOU.
PLEASE HELP SUPPORT WILDWOOD SOUNDS HOUSE CONCERTS...